The draw for ATP 1000 Mutua Madrid Open was made on Friday.
Defending champion Novak Djokovic has a first round BYE and will face either Tommy Robredo (ESP) or Nicolas Almagro (ESP) in the second round.
Djokovic’s potential road to the title:
- Round 1: BYE
- Round 2: Tommy Robredo (ESP), Nicolas Almagro (ESP)
- Round 3: Gael Monfils (FRA, 15), Gilles Simon (FRA), Feliciano Lopez (ESP)
- Quarter-finals: Kei Nishikori (JPN, 6), Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA, 10), David Ferrer (ESP)
- Semi-finals: Rafael Nadal (ESP, 4), Milos Raonic (CAN, 5), David Goffin (BEL, 9)
- Finals: Andy Murray (GBR, 1), Stan Wawrinka (SUI, 4), Marin Cilic (CRO, 7), Dominic Thiem (AUT, 8)
The tournament begins from Sunday.
Djokovic has an overall 21-6 win-loss record and has won two titles, in 2011 and 2016, in Spanish capital.